Dr. Daft has trial and deposition experience. His expert witness services are retained approximately equally by counsel for plaintiffs and defendants. References from prior retaining counsel are available upon request.
Much of his litigation support is in the area of Intellectual Property. He has also worked on product liability and malpractice matters in the area of medical devices.
Cases have involved a variety of technologies: medical and consumer wearables, surgical devices, x-ray and ultrasonic imaging systems, biometric security and hearing aids.
Areas of emphasis include source code review, patent invalidity analysis and prior art acquisition.
Areas of Expertise Include
- Imaging, especially Medical Imaging
- Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC)
- Micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS)
- FDA approval of medical devices
- Signal Processing
- Design for Six-Sigma (DFSS)
- Biometric security
- Surgical Tissue Ablation
- Parallel Computing
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Guidance
- Wearables and Hearables
Dr. Chris Daft, is an Oxford Educated scientist with 29 years of professional practice and 3 years of university teaching.
- Extensive Intellectual Property experience including patent development, analysis, licensing, and strategy.
- Serial inventor who holds 24 U.S. Patents with several pending.
- Diverse industry experience with multi-nationals such as GE, FUJIFILM, Qualcomm, Medtronic, Samsung and Siemens as well as numerous start-ups.
- Completed 98 hours of SEAK Expert Witness Training Courses.
- Well published.
- Winner of grants from the National Institutes of Health and DARPA.
- Extensive international consulting experience.
- IEEE Senior Member since 2004.
- Three years’ experience teaching electrical and computer engineering.
- Holds BA and MA in Physics from Oxford as well as Doctorate from Oxford in Materials Science.
- Expert Witness Curriculum Vitae available here.